P3 Engine Break-In Complete!

After some back and forth with the factory I was finally able to finish my engine break-in today.  My EGT’s were still running a little hot so I did two things; I started from scratch on the air screw and idle screw on the carburetor, and I CAREFULLY mixed 20:1 Amsoil in some premium auto fuel and replace the fuel that was in my tank with this new gas.  I may have been a little sloppy with my mixing before.  Sure enough, this time EGTs were down where they were supposed to be.  So…



So the next step is to let Ken, the local Six Chuter dealer take a look at it, rig the parachute, and probably let him do the first flight to make sure everything is copacetic.  There’s a possibility of me being able to go up to see Ken on Sunday, but if not then some time next week.  We just have to work around the winds.

2 thoughts on “P3 Engine Break-In Complete!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s